Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Puerto Rico

And the countdown continues!  Next I would go to...

#9. Puerto Rico

Some day I would love to travel to an island, and spend my time there enjoying the beauty of the sea, land, and adventure the Puerto Rico provides.  I would spend a day in Vieques.  Vieques is an island itself.  I would take a ferry over to the island where I would explore the two small villages on the island.  Once on Vieques, you can relax by shopping, swimming, snorkeling, and beach-hopping.

Nine miles north of Vieques, lies the island of Culebra.  Culebra is home to the famous Flamenco Beach.  While there are no shops or restaurants on the island, the beauty of the island is worth the trip.

Back on the main island, there are many attractions to see and explore.  Puerto rico offers many outdoor sports such as swimming, hiking, ziplining, scuba diving, and so much more! You can visit the old buildings and forts on the island, rainforests, view mountains, beaches, and other natural beauties.

Though Puerto Rico is one of the most popular cruise ports, I would not board a cruise ship.  I don't really have a desire to ever go on a cruise.  I would rather stay on land, and be active in the sun.

Puerto Rico has some of the best areas for surfing, and is a very popular place for surfers to "catch some waves."  Someday I would love to learn how to surf. 

I would also visit Old San Juan for a day, which is the city founded by Ponce de Leon.  It is surrounded by walls and contains within its walls forts, old churches, boutiques, museums, hotels, and restaurants.

Puerto Rico is a place that can be visited any time of the year.  The island has its best weather in the winter months, but during the spring and fall months, you can avoid the crowds and it will not be as expensive.  Another cool thing about Puerto Rico, is that if you are a U.S. citizen, you do not need a passport.  There are so many things to do on this fabulous, tropical island.



No comments:

Post a Comment